- Great Band Article !
- Celebrate Island Time's 5th Anniversary!
JULY 3rd, Bradenton Beach has fireworks at 9pm right across the street from Island Time which is celebrating 5 years ! We have been there since day ONE ! Come out and celebrate this weekend on stunning Bradenton Beach ! We play at 7 !
- JUNE 18th BIKER EVENT Sarasota !
Details to come ! We are playing at Rossiters Harley Davidson again JUNE 18th from 11-3 pm, we play every one of these events and they are always special ! As soon as I get the final details I will post them ! Get out there and ride !
- A Tribute to Sun Records Rockabilly Ruckus
- Donning suits, classic guitar, and a stand up bass, Ted Stevens and the Doo-Shots looked exactly how they sounded â€“ Rocked-out rockabilly. Frontman and guitarist Ted Stevensâ€™ enthralling performance, his guitar playing mean and smooth at the same time and his vocals on point with the classic rockers of yesteryear. And the word â€śstyleâ€ť should always be next to bassist Butch Alanâ€™s name as he played with enough style for everyone and their mother. And to top it all off his shirt collar matched the leopard print designs on his bass..like I said style! And drummer Smokinâ€™ Joe Hendricks looked like he was having the most fun of all. Playing behind your prototypical drumset for half of the evening, he was beckoned by Ted to come down from his full ensemble drumfort and play with only a single snare drum. There he stood alongside Ted and Butch rapping on that snare with the exuberance of a young child that just got his first drumset for Christmas. At one point he even started playing on an old sand filled drum that was being used as an ashtray. The joy of not taking yourself too seriously was evident and it created such a cool atmosphere. [Read More...]
- PERFORMING FEB 27th 88.5 WMNF ROCKABILLY RUCKUS
We are back to Skippers Smokehouse in Tampa. Saturday February 27th, 8:15pm till 8:45 we are playing. All bands will be playing songs from the Sun Records era !
Go to www.wmnf.org and buy discounted tickets online now !